The Solidago Foundation is a small, progressive foundation that supports creative and collaborative solutions to systemic injustices through grantmaking.
We primarily support grassroots groups that are led by people most directly impacted by structural inequities and that are doing transformative system change organizing work. We also, as a complementary strategy, support and partner with state and national networks that help to build the collective power of grassroots organizing groups.
Our Theory of Change
We believe in the power of grassroots organizing and movement building.
We believe the strongest organizing:
- Centers people impacted by structural inequities
- Fosters community organizations and movement building networks
- Is informed by a critique of systems of oppression
- Reflects a deep understanding of the political landscape
- Is creative and collaborative
- Brings people together, including across race and class
- Offers a transformative, unifying vision for change
We believe in the power of progressive philanthropy to help strengthen grassroots organizing.
We believe the most effective philanthropy:
- Works in close partnership with groups that center people most directly impacted by structural inequities
- Engages in relational strategic grantmaking
- Is nimble and responsive
- Is willing to support innovative approaches that have not been tried before
- Can identify and uplift emergent best practices in grassroots organizing
- Is committed to help connect individual organizing efforts to existing and nascent movements and movement infrastructure