Ideas. Money. Voice.
Promoting bold ideas, Solidago programs support initiatives that elevate voice and build leadership.
As a public foundation working to affect positive change for impacted communities, Solidago’s programs are central to the implementation of our mission. Our work is rooted in the theory of change – that in order to build a society which gives all communities equal access to the levers of power, to democracy, to economic justice, and to a healthy world, all people must grasp their inherent independent and shared power. Instead of using a top-down approach, our funding builds leadership in underserved communities, co-creates lasting systems of change, and encourages funder and field collaborators to join us.
Solidago is a nimble and creative foundation with a history of funding bold programs and ideas that organize, build leadership and harness power in underserved communities.
We Collaborate. We Innovate. We Mobilize.
- Fund efforts to build leadership and elevate voices of those that live and work at the forefront of harmful climate policies and economic systems.
- Incubate early ideas with inclusive co-designed research and sharing strategies between funder and field partners.
- Organize and support convenings and gatherings to lead and inspire philanthropic partners to join us to scale good ideas and build resilient infrastructure for change.
- Challenge systemic structural inequalities, forming collaborations with community-rooted organizations and leaders to organize money and resources that support and build power.
- Deploy the full body of organizational power through grantmaking, investment capital and leadership strategies – all in alignment with our mission.
By raising the voices of those we serve, Solidago and our partners bring communities closer to accessing capital, self-determination and representative democracy.